|Want to learn more?|
4114 Woodlands Pkwy
Palm Harbor, FL 34685
1) What is the Veterans Aid and Attendance Pension benefit?
The Veterans Aid and Attendance Pension is a federal assistance program offering a monthly benefit payment from the Department of Veterans Affairs design to provide care for veterans or surviving spouses who are disabled or frail and might have trouble living on their own.
The benefit is paid in an income to the veteran or surviving spouse, not the care provider, and the funds can be used for anything, although most need the money to pay for needed care and medical expenses.
2) Who is eligible for the Veterans Aid and Attendance Pension benefit?
According to the Department of Veterans Affairs website:
- Aid and Attendance Pension is a benefit paid in addition to monthly pension. This benefit may not be paid without eligibility to pension.
- A veteran may be eligible when:
- The veteran requires the aid of another person in order to perform personal functions required in everyday living, such as bathing, feeding, dressing, attending to the wants of nature, adjusting prosthetic devices, or protecting himself/herself from the hazards of his/her daily environment, OR,
- The veteran is bedridden, in that his/her disability or disabilities requires that he/she remain in bed apart from any prescribed course of convalescence or treatment, OR,
- The veteran is a patient in a nursing home due to mental or physical incapacity, OR,
- The veteran is blind, or so nearly blind as to have corrected visual acuity of 5/200 or less, in both eyes, or concentric contraction of the visual field to 5 degrees or less.
3) What is the application process?
While you may apply for Aid and Attendance Pension benefits by writing to your VA regional office, we offer extensive knowledge of the benefit and a host of services to assist you in the application process.
To ensure the highest level of service and long-term care assistance, we have dedicated our resources to create relationships with assisted living facilities, at home care providers and other senior advocates, and we host complimentary informational workshops in retirement communities across the nation.
4) What role does Maggi Tax Advisory & Financial Group play?
Maggi Tax Advisory & Financial Group is a financial services firm dedicated to helping you to create a solid financial strategy to achieve your retirement goals. We realize that your financial situation and needs will change at different stages of your retirement years, and we work with you to establish a plan that recognizes your objectives through each stage. Through our comprehensive retirement services, we empower you to safely navigate your retirement path and ensure your wealth is appropriately transferred and realized by future generations.
We offer extensive knowledge of the benefits offered through the Department of Veteran Affairs. To ensure the highest level of service and long-term care assistance, we have dedicated our resources to create relationships with assisted living facilities, at home care providers and other senior advocates, and we host complimentary informational workshops in retirement communities across the nation.
Call us today to learn more about the benefit and the host of services we offer to assist you.
5) What is my next step?
Contact us today to determine if you are eligible to receive up to $23,396 annually from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Phone: (727) 799-1701